While Halloween is now long over, it is still visible in our home with the number of treats left behind even after a lot were retreated on the night! While some will be kept for Friday treats in school, Darcy thought it would be nice to have some baking fun like we did with some other recipes earlier this year which you can try here and here.
After Darcy rummaged through the treats he came up with a couple of recipes. One recipe we tried but it is still in need of some tweaking before we share it with you but this recipe is one that we will continue to make! It is already our second time to make it this week and it is so easy and simple to do!
With the New Year nearly upon us, I thought this would be a great recipe to help clear out the cupboards of the last of the biscuits and chocolates and I'm sure my friend Karen where I got the recipe from would agree that the recipe is kind in that it can me tweaked to do so.
Recently I was looking for some treats to make with Logan and Elise and their friends and when I saw this moreish recipe on Karen's blog Yankee Doodle Paddy I knew I had to make it! These s'mores are so simple to make and more importantly they are DELICIOUS! You'll see that Darcy had no problem in helping too and tucking into some when they were ready!!
- 2 cups (333g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (187 g) digestive biscuit crumbs or some left over biscuits from the tins lurking in the cupboards ;-)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons (227g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (292g) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (213 g) marshmallows
- 2 cups (356g) milk-chocolate chips or left over chocolate from the festive season ;-)