As we all know, Santa has a lot of houses to visit on Christmas Eve across the world and in each house there is always a little treat for him to enjoy! With treats varying from chocolate chip cookies to mince pies, wouldn't it be nice to give Santa a healthy option in your home to help boost his energy as he travels from house to house?
Below is a simple recipe shared with me by The Cool Food School that you can do yourself and the great thing is, there is no need for any baking so they are ready in no time (and some extras for you to do a taste test!)
With the New Year nearly upon us, I thought this would be a great recipe to help clear out the cupboards of the last of the biscuits and chocolates and I'm sure my friend Karen where I got the recipe from would agree that the recipe is kind in that it can me tweaked to do so.
Recently I was looking for some treats to make with Logan and Elise and their friends and when I saw this moreish recipe on Karen's blog Yankee Doodle Paddy I knew I had to make it! These s'mores are so simple to make and more importantly they are DELICIOUS! You'll see that Darcy had no problem in helping too and tucking into some when they were ready!!
- 2 cups (333g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (187 g) digestive biscuit crumbs or some left over biscuits from the tins lurking in the cupboards ;-)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons (227g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (292g) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (213 g) marshmallows
- 2 cups (356g) milk-chocolate chips or left over chocolate from the festive season ;-)